User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-14-2017, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Center stand

Just a quick note my mate has got 15000 miles on his 15 plate j300,and the other day he called me around because he thought the variator was making a noise.we pulled of the variator and it was stuck the amount of dust was amazing,and this is a bike with full dealer history.anyway took it all apart cleaned reinstall dr pulleys working fine but vibration really bad.on further inspection it was the center stand rubber and bush which had deteriorated. So the center stand was rubbing up against the cvt cover causing a lot of vibration just under the variator, so to all you fellow riders check your center stand rubber if you experience the same ,
post #2 of 5 Old 11-16-2017, 09:00 AM

Centre stand

Thanks mate just checked mine but all ok . Done a lot less miles though

Big Al
post #3 of 5 Old 11-16-2017, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Milage

As stated my mate has a j300 so do i, also ride a honda x11 which is can't get rid of.so regarding milage I've got 1300miles on a 67 plate special edition j300 and my mates special edition j300 has 15000 miles on a 15 plate,so far during his ownership of the bike he has had the centre stand rubber go .The left side shock absorber replaced due to a leaking seal,the rear wheel bearings broke due to the shop because the rear wheel had welded itself to the spline due to lack of grease from the factory when the rear tyre needed changing at 2400 miles,front wheel bearings at 13000 .brake caliper front seized at 8000 ,and regular servicing so all in all not to bad, because he has done a few miles kawasaki are watching his bike closely and spotting any obvious issues, which might help us all in the long run.

Last edited by Johnx11; 11-16-2017 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Spelt mileage wrong

post #4 of 5 Old 11-16-2017, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Center stand

That's ok big Al the more we can learn the better helps others
post #5 of 5 Old 03-15-2019, 06:24 AM

center stand
my j300 make when driving also annoying noise, first i think it was the suspension rubbers, of the shockabsorbers, it turn out it was the rubber on the centerstand , make it with oil back in good condition end the problem was fixed. Thanks for the advies

greetings

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page